Best of the Best



An obligation free meeting is arranged for you to meet with us and decide if you wish to use one of us as your celebrant.
Once you have made your decision, your wedding date is booked and a Notice of Intended Marriage form must be signed no later than one month (31 days) prior to the wedding.   At this point we ask you to pay a deposit which is non refundable.

Wedding Embrace


Our next meeting is to discuss your requirements for your wedding.  We have sample ceremonies, which can be integrated with your own wording and wishes.  We have many readings, poems and rituals that you can choose from to make your ceremony unique for you, your family and friends. We will then begin to create your own personal ceremony.



A draft of your ceremony is prepared and emailed to you for your approval.  During this period we will be communicating regularly to make any changes via phone, email or another meeting in person.

Gay Couple with Daughter


A rehearsal should be held about one week before the wedding, usually at the venue if that can be arranged.  This ensures everyone in the bridal party is more confident on the day.  It is also necessary for the bride and groom to sign a Statutory Declaration form at the rehearsal and make sure all the relevant paperwork is completed correctly.  We can provide a PA system and a signing table and chair, if the venue does not have one.
The balance of the fee is collected at this time to avoid unnecessary paperwork on the wedding day.

Wedding Portrait


The celebrant will arrive at your ceremony 30 minutes before to make sure everything is in order and placed in the correct position.
A folder containing your ceremony will be presented to you at the close of proceedings.

Hanging Dress


We will arrange for all legal documentation to be forwarded to Births Deaths and Marriages.


Originals of all offical documents are required

Before a Marriage can take place

The Celebrant needs to sight the originals of all documents that have been previously scanned, and take possession of the original NOIM (Notice of Intended marriage).  You must be over the age of 18.

So, if you are a resident of Australia, you will need Originals of:

  • Birth Certificates 

  • Official Court Divorce Papers, 

  • Death Certificate if widowed 

  • Certificate of Name Change, if name has been changed other than by previous marriage.

  • Photo ID (Passport or Driver’s Licence)

Coming from Overseas for your marriage

You will need: 

  • A current Overseas Passport 

  • Official Court Divorce Papers

  • Death Certificate if widowed

  • Certificate of Name Change, if name has been changed other than by previous marriage

  • You MUST have your Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) Form witnessed by ONLY:

    • An Australian Embassy/Consular Authorized Staff member 

    • or a Notary Public of your country. (See a Law Firm in your home town for lists of these.)

Any documents NOT in English need to be translated and originals of both to be brought with you for Celebrant to SIGHT before a Ceremony can be officiated.

For more detailed information please see our 'paperwork particulars' page

purple flowers


What You Need


  1. The marriage cannot be solemnised until after one calendar month from the date the authorised celebrant receives the Notice unless, under subsection 42(5) of the Act, a prescribed authority has authorised the marriage to be solemnised before that time has elapsed. Also, the marriage cannot be solemnised:

    1. (a)  if the authorised celebrant receives the Notice more than 18 months before the proposed marriage (see paragraph 42(1)(a) of the Act); and

    2. (b)  unless the authorised celebrant is satisfied that the parties to the proposed marriage are the parties referred to in the notice given under section 42 of the Act in relation to the marriage (see paragraph 42(8)(a) of the Act).


Couples are encouraged to apply for the offical wedding certificate from the Births Deaths and Marriages (BDM). Average cost depending on package selected is $60.

Your marriage certificate can be used as evidence of your;

  • your Marriage 

  • your Conjugal Status

Will be required if 

  • changing to your surname

  • Note: a name change may require amendments to the following: Superannuation, Wills, Life Insurance, Taxation, Centrelink, as well as Name change evidence for such documents as Passports and Driver Licences. 

The first page can be completed, signed by at least one of you and witnessed by an authorised person as stated on the form. Scanned identity and proof of age documents need to be forwarded to Gail or Lyndall with the NOIM. Please note we will need to see the originals prior to the wedding ceremony